GRASS - THE NAMES JAMES !

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

GRASS

last nights grass? Well lets call it a basic salad !

So my mum and I are pretty determined to start eating healthy... blaaaah ... I know healthy doesn't sound pleasing at all, all i think about is myself munching down on grass -ew- and that's basically what it means right? Wrong.     

Wait whaaaat did you just wrong..how is eating a fresh green salad not just a bunch of grass blades tossed together in a salad bowl. Well i too was surprised to find out that there are ingredients, yes ingredients called, lettuce, cucumbers, peppers, celery, cherry tomatoes just to name a few. i was A shocked that's for sure. So after my whole melt down on how the world had deceived me... my mum appointed me the task of making a tasty salad with the basic ingredients at home. 

 Now the chopping and breaking of the ingredients were not the issue. We did not i repeat DID NOT have salad dressing. Now how on earth were we to eat this? So if you wondering how to get a tasty salad dressing with the basics you have at home here are my ingredients list of what i used to whip up a simple vinaigrette

 

lemon vinaigrette 

2 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil (or any you prefer)
2 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon of garlic (crushed or minced)
1/2 teaspoon of Italian herbs
1 level tablespoon of sugar or honey to add some sweetness (to your preference)


method 

just add all ingredients together and whisk until nicely mixed.
drizzle over your salad and enjoy!!!


lettuce

cucumber
1. 1/2  teaspoon of garlic  2. Italian herbs

1. Olive oil 2. Lemon juice
complete salad 


No comments:

Post a Comment