All About My Hair - THE NAMES JAMES !

Friday, February 03, 2017

All About My Hair

THE HAIR DIARIES... 

From The Very Beginning: 

These are always my most asked question."Where do you do your hair?" and "what color and style is next?".
I have always liked experimenting with my hair, from ombre for my matric year to full on blonde and now a curly pixie. My hair has been through it all. Dying, cutting and basically frying all my hair off. 

I have always done my own hair right here in my bathroom, with the help of my mother and sister, since i can't do it all by myself. My hair was bleached and fried to the point of me cutting it all of which is what i have now, a pixie. 

Here are some pics to show you the transformations my hair has been through. 

To start my journey i had Ombre for my matric ball:

Add caption

I than got bored very quickly, as you will soon see: My hair when from ombre to full on blonde:


I continued "getting bored" and soon enough the blonde wasn't enough and it was all different colors. The colors eventually washed out and it was time again to go blonde, like super blonde. My hair at this point curled nicely but was breaking to the touch. This was due to the ombre being re-bleached ... 




So that was when i made the decision to chop most of the blonde and let my hair grow healthy. This obviously did not last that long ... sigh ... just wait and see 


Chopped off and healthy as ever my hair looked good i still had some blonde in and i was happy. This happiness lasted a month or so before boredom set in and my hair went from this healthy state to red, *shock face emoji*

I unfortunately don't have a picture to show you the red hair, but knowing me this didn't last long either, and to the next one it was. I got sick of the red as it washed out fast and white clothes and bedding should not be your friend. RED STAINS 

So i called my best friend BLEACH to help me get rid of the mess i had created. I bought bleach and applied it to my hair once. The result was a washed out red and orange color which i hated, so i bleached again in the same day and it came out a lighter orange color. This was when i realized i made a huge mistake and would never again go red!! So my mum came home and didn't like the color as well, we drove to the mall bought more bleach and a box dye. I came home and bleached my hair again, maybe twice more in that week, I applied the box dye to my hair and was left with this

Mt hair was a weird orange color and the roots a brown. Please don't ever over bleach your hair the way i did, my hair was breaking off and by my luck non of it fell off in big patches, this i thank the lord for, or i would have been bald !!!

it looks healthy in pics but was breaking badly
At this moment i had a big shock and decided not to do anything to my hair to damage it further, but this orange color i could not handle so you know me ... this is what happened in my hair healing journey : 
the layers are the result of my hair breaking off


the pink washed out and i made it purple










when denim came out i just had to have it 









As you can see my hair has been through a lot and something inside me had enough. With all the bleach and heat damage my hair look like rats tails when it was wet so i had no choice but to blow dry and straighten it everyday. 

I took a conscience decision to doa hair fast. Now after all the research i did, the best way for me was to cut my damaged hair off and keep it dye free. This is how i came to the pixie cut. You don't have to do the extreme but for me it was the better option. So here i am 
pixie cut / mini afro  
I am now happy and safe to say that for half a year i am all dye free and keeping my fast... there is still some blondes in and that's from my old color. 
As it grows i will trim them off and carry on with my fast. 

P.S. i cut all my hair off myself one afternoon in the lovely comfort of my mums bathroom, i however did go for the first time in years to the hair-dresser to get a slight trim for the holidays. 

thank you for reading... i hope my post helps you out ... whoever you may be 

If you like to know the products i use feel free to ask me here or on my instagram


JAMES OUT!
thanks for reading











No comments:

Post a Comment